a
t
i
r
r
EyeMan12 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
As I feel like it does water more when it's a bit sore or feels weird.
That, in itself, is psychosomatic Grinning Face with Smiling Eyes This whole "I feel" possibly means you're imagining it. If it's definitive, you'd tell me, YES, it's watering significantly more than normal.

I think it's difficult to tell as you don't notice how much it normally does. Would it be possible for it to water psychosomatically?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
The mind is a powerful thing, can't underestimate that, though it might be that you're imagining that one eye is tearing more than the other. Biologically, we tear whenever there's something in your eye to wash it out, almost as a protective measure.
EyeMan12 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
The mind is a powerful thing, can't underestimate that, though it might be that you're imagining that one eye is tearing more than the other. Biologically, we tear whenever there's something in your eye to wash it out, almost as a protective measure.

I went to the opticians today and they did some tests. Mainly just looking at my eyes and eyelids with a slit lamp (think that's what it's called), they had put some orange dye in too. They said I have a bit less tears in the left eye (right one is the one that is sore).

Would the test they did show if I had Meibomian gland dysfunction? They didn't do the meibigraphy scan or press on the eyelids to see how much oil comes out, but maybe they didn't need to if they could clearly see they weren't blocked or inflamed at all?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
They said I have a bit less tears in the left eye (right one is the one that is sore).

Did you ask the person what that suggests, and the steps moving-forward? If so, how did they respond?
EyeMan12 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
They said I have a bit less tears in the left eye (right one is the one that is sore).
Did you ask the person what that suggests, and the steps moving-forward? If so, how did they respond?

They recommended some eye drops and they said if I was concerned about gland dysfunction I should try one of those warm compress things you can get to pout over your eyes. I'm just a bit worried that they didn't test for the gland dysfunction, I'm not sure.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1198 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741