r
d
l
theepicseal theepicseal
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
3 years ago
Yay! I got it correct! Thanks! May we also run through question #3

3) Determine the equation of the line that passes through the point A(4,1) that is perpendicular to the line y =  3 x + 6 .
                                                                 - —
Read 136 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Here you go!

Any other questions, let me know
theepicseal Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Oh! You know what, I think I made a mistake when asking the question. It was:

Determine the equation of the line that passes through the point A(4,1) that is perpendicular to the line y= 3/8x+6

except there is a negative sign before the entire fraction of 3/8 but I don’t know how to type it, and not sure if there is a drawing function on here! Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
except there is a negative sign before the entire fraction of 3/8 but I don’t know how to type it, and not sure if there is a drawing function on here!

There isn't, unfortunately... Alright, so here's the answer:

theepicseal Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you so so much! So to be clear, when there is a negative symbol in front of an entire fraction, so it’s not beside the numerator or denominator, but rather in front of the line in between the two, I can just add that negative to the numerator and it’s the same?

Negative symbol in front of whole equation = turning the numerator negative, and the denominator can remain the same? Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Thank you so so much! So to be clear, when there is a negative symbol in front of an entire fraction, so it’s not beside the numerator or denominator, but rather in front of the line in between the two, I can just add that negative to the numerator and it’s the same?

Great question, yes. Just give it to the numerator.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  871 People Browsing
 174 Signed Up Today
Related Images