r
d
l
a
bear56 bear56
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
3 years ago
The consideration to keep in mind is called space junk, we got quite some trash up there in orbit of our planet. It's considered not to be a problem due that the size of the object would burn in our atmosphere. But we of Asgardia want to go to space and we require to keep in mind out of the prospect of security, what do we do about the space junk? And is there a possibility that space junk might be dangerous for Earth and its` population?
Read 181 times
10 Replies
Replies
wrote...
3 years ago
Given the vastness of space, space junk shouldn't be much of a concern in space travel. It's the equivalent of fearing hitting a traffic pole while driving in the dessert. How likely is that to happen?
Answer accepted by topic starter
JCooper323JCooper323
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 170 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
3 years ago
@JCooper323

May I ask a question then?

If objects in space remain in their orbit around the Earth, why should there be a concern about objects clashing?

I think scientists should invent a spacecraft that can collect junk or send it to the atmosphere to burn it down. Perhaps, it isn't worth underestimating the use of lasers. I'm sure modern science isn't so far away from creation the spacecraft that'll destroy the space junk with a laser beam. I think that joint effort will help us overcome this challenge.

We can't even find an efficient way to clean our oceans, let alone space?

wrote...
3 years ago
@JCooper323 May I ask a question then? If objects in space remain in their orbit around the Earth, why should there be a concern about objects clashing?
I think scientists should invent a spacecraft that can collect junk or send it to the atmosphere to burn it down. Perhaps, it isn't worth underestimating the use of lasers. I'm sure modern science isn't so far away from creation the spacecraft that'll destroy the space junk with a laser beam. I think that joint effort will help us overcome this challenge.
Don't forget that space junk not just remain in the orbit, but move in it very fast.
bear56 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Given the vastness of space, space junk shouldn't be much of a concern in space travel. It's the equivalent of fearing hitting a traffic pole while driving in the dessert. How likely is that to happen?
The big number of space junk can damage expensive spacecrafts The growing number of space items can lead to the state where he object density is so high that one collision is enough to generate a cascade effect, leading to further collisions.
bear56 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I can't entirely agree with people who don't think that space junk is a problem. Thousands of dangerous particles are orbiting the Earth and threaten not only people and the space industry at all. Even the small piece of space debris can cause critical damage to the ISS and numerous satellites. Space junk can be dangerous for the planet and population because large fragments can hit the Earth and harm people. I think that this problem should be addressed as soon as possible, but scientists still can't find an effective way to clean up the Earth's orbit. I think scientists should invent a spacecraft that can collect junk or send it to the atmosphere to burn it down. Perhaps, it isn't worth underestimating the use of lasers. I'm sure modern science isn't so far away from creation the spacecraft that'll destroy the space junk with a laser beam. I think that joint effort will help us overcome this challenge.
I found out that some space company is going to make so called cleaning mission that is about to clean Earth`s orbit from space junk. The Clearspace-1 satellite, or ‘The Claw’, represents the first step towards a clean space environment by being the first space debris removal dedicated mission.
bear56 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
@JCooper323 May I ask a question then? If objects in space remain in their orbit around the Earth, why should there be a concern about objects clashing?
Polution of oceans on that is another important issue. But coming back to space junk it might be dangerous for spacecraft that cost fortune to be damaged by this space junk. For space missions that is the issue that must be solved
wrote...
3 years ago
@JCooper323

May I ask a question then?

If objects in space remain in their orbit around the Earth, why should there be a concern about objects clashing?

I know this topic is marked solved but i don't think my question was answered thoroughly.

Don't forget that space junk not just remain in the orbit, but move in it very fast.

Why doesn't it remain in orbit? I've never heard of objects moving erratically in space unless there's a source of energy pushing it one directly
wrote...
3 years ago
I know this topic is marked solved but i don't think my question was answered thoroughly.
Why doesn't it remain in orbit? I've never heard of objects moving erratically in space unless there's a source of energy pushing it one directly

Not all objects can remain in orbit all the time.  Fragments of space debris that are in low Earth orbit gradually slow down and enter the atmosphere.  Small objects burn up in Earth's atmosphere, whereas larger fragments fall down to Earth.
bear56 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Because space we have the problem with, is in Earth`s gravity field and it cannot just leave this gravity field. That is why space junk issue has occured.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1009 People Browsing
 159 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586