Educator
3 years ago
Are you doing calculus now?

Congrats!

⚠️⚠️Please watch this video, it is very important:⚠️⚠️

marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, marinejas
Hi and thanks! well yeah our last unit involves calculus, does that mean I have to post these type of questions in the calculus topic section? Just want to make sure but When I expanded the binomial from 6(x +△x)^2 in standard form, I got x^2 + 2△x +2△x + △x^2 or adding of the like terms, I get x^4 + 4△x + △x^2. Is that correct?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Hi and thanks! well yeah our last unit involves calculus, does that mean I have to post these type of questions in the calculus topic section?

Yes, moving forward.

Just want to make sure but When I expanded the binomial from 6(x +△x)^2 in standard form, I got x^2 + 2△x +2△x + △x^2 or adding of the like terms, I get x^4 + 4△x + △x^2. Is that correct?

When you expand it, you get x2 + 2△x + △x2 (notice the middle terms △x combined to become 2△x). Then I multiplied it by 6.

PS: Watch the video.
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Oh yes sorry. Also, what do you mean by take limit? Just a bit confused at that step. And I will watch the video one I'm finished.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Oh crap, you haven't learned limits yet? What about this:

I assumed that since you're learned rate of change, and instantaneous rate of change, you have learned it...
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, marinejas
yes we have learned instantaneous rate of change! No, since we don't have much time left we're only focusing on 3 lessons, Average Rate of Change,  instantaneous rate of change, and rates of change of other functions.
Post Merge: 3 years ago

we use the difference quotient formula
Post Merge: 3 years ago

sorry my mistake not that formula that you showed
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Could you show me an example of what your teacher has done? Maybe I can understand the situation better...
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Hi sorry, so here's an example, the question states, determine the instantaneous rate of change  at x = 2 for the function f(x)= 5x^2-7
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free