s
r
d
l
a
Odiseizam Odiseizam
wrote...
3 years ago
Hi BiFo'ers I'll like to ask for opinions on this proposition, I know this is just overall overview, but think is good point for prevention mids pandemics ...

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/124536-cbd-as-endocannabinoid-booster-of-t-cells/

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=81962.0

Read 2990 times
58 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Hi Odiseizam

Have you read the following article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2748879/

The Profile of Immune Modulation by Cannabidiol (CBD) Involves Deregulation of Nuclear Factor of Activated T Cells (NFAT)

Excerpt:

Taken together, these data suggest that CBD suppresses T cell function and that CB1 and/or CB2 play a critical role in the magnitude of the in vitro anti-sRBC IgM AFC response.

CBD possesses low affinity for both CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors and therefore, does not produce the “high” associated with marijuana use [2, 3]. Despite this, CBD does exhibit immunosuppressive properties. In particular, CBD decreased IL-8 and the chemokines MIP-1α and MIP-1β from a human B cell line [4]. CBD has also been shown to suppress collagen-induced arthritis [5], and carrageenan-induced inflammation [6]. Importantly, CBD has been efficacious in combination with THC in treating neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disease [7, 8].

Thoughts?
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago
@bio_man  yes I am aware for the discrepancies in the studies, and in the second proposed NS link above in my first post I am suggesting that this is most probably due to synthetic CBD ...

this dont excludes the findings in the studies proposed in the first SF linked thread ... again ...

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/124536-cbd-as-endocannabinoid-booster-of-t-cells/
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
most probably due to synthetic CBD

CBD and THC were provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (Bethesda, MD). All other reagents were obtained from Sigma (St. Louis, MO) unless otherwise noted.

We don't know for sure if it's synthetic or not, though we can't just denounce a study by throwing it under a rug due to the potential of it being synthetic.
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago
We don't know for sure if it's synthetic or not, though we can't just denounce a study by throwing it under a rug due to the potential of it being synthetic.

yes and thats why there should be poured millions in comparative studies as soon as possible, its word for immunization above all mids these pandemics, because waiting on the market to balance this will be slow and useless, on top in my opinion too many times was acknowledged that there are interest groups behind the studies skewing the true results eg. here is one elaborated example [1] thus we will not see any real progress if there is not joint massive weighing of the effects of synthetic vs natural CBD ...

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Before we discuss anything further, just want to let you know that I'm completely open-minded to any real scientific data. For example, I'm not a fan of the "moon-landing" or "global warming" -- I think both topics are politized nonsense. I'm not set in my ways like others in the scientific industry, so if you can convince me with hardwired evidence, I'm open to it.

Now, you think CBD can immunize against what exactly?

And, in reference to the video, what do you make of that?
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago
haha about moon biases I am not insightful, but can point to global warming that is real, tho not as co2 but methane reflex [1] ... about the proposed documentary about meat industry skewing studies data what to say find it on net You'll be surprised how corporatism is main democracy boss i.e. plutocracy [2] its almost same everywhere in the world, so hoping that we will see soon any positive change waiting per'se on not rarely corrupt institutions [2] is almost wasted time, but with greater public pressure [3] maybe things will change ...

about CBD immunization is enough that it triggers the lymph nodes production of T-Cells there is notion in the first post of scienticforums.net link, and in the last quoted study of the same CBD thread there is info of IgG antibodies uplift thus direct antivirus immunization is also in question, the only variable would be what quantity will be daily prevention dose of CBD, what as meme so I would share this info I've asked this question on bioforum maybe with hope that scientists will share this studies and at least debate on them maybe finally comparing the effects fro synthetic vs natural CBD ...

Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I've missed somehow the link to bioforum ...

http://www.protocol-online.org/forums/topic/39351-amount-of-cbd-for-overall-immunization/
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Knowing that CBD is T-Cell booster, I'll need assumption what amount of intake would be needed as daily "daily immunization"?

The only problem is that it is not. There's futility in this discussion because whatever data I provide, you'll end up telling me that the study was paid for by a corporation, that the government is controlled by the corrupt institutions, that the data is skewed due to x, y, z, etc. How do we begin to understand each other if your level of trust isn't there?

I've been part of this forum for a long time, and it's not my first time discussing topics with people that think like you. You'll end up just accepting anything that supports your hypothesis, while denouncing or rejecting all others -- that's not how science works. Science works because there's a consistency in evidence that branches out of every study. I linked a legitimate study earlier in this thread, yet your only criticism stems from anecdotal evidence that they used a synthetic form of CBD - how do you know? Assuming it is, how would a synthetic form of CBD, which shares 100% of the molecular qualities as the real thing, going to change the outcome?
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, Odiseizam
You are projecting that I am like others and why because I've didnt analyze Your study but proposed variable that this could be due to synthetic cbd or eventual corporate skim, hm, as I remember I proposed positive studies on behalf of CBD as T-Cell booster in the links and your only answer was other studies say differently, then I said that should be weighed en'masse by the scientific community so we would be sure, which at the moment is not, but defacto just by google search You'll find extra amount of positive studies in comparison to scarcity of negative one on behalf of CBD benefits, stil I say thats not enough for me but we need to find why there are discrepancies in some and as answer to that proposed assumption that most probably is due to synthetic cbd!

• above all eg. there are many reports on healed persons from carcinogenic illnesses with CBD still there is no study that I can find which points how, except the last one proposed in SF eforum thread linked above that mentions stimulation by CBD of the CD36 gene, thus I'll conclude there is big question Why there are so little funds allocated for en'masse studying of the CBD effects when such substance have even possible such potential , and only logical answer to this is corporate fear that is hijacking the governments on west from focusing extra on this research, not to go too much offtopic I'll just say mids capitalism is almost useless to expect big change in this field unless the masses dont wake up and put pressure to authorities to resolve this dilemma how so in most of the studies CBD is proved as beneficial and yet still the same is treated almost as alternative medicine, tho if You think that here we will weighed how big is that fact think we will end up just wasting time ...

... for start there should be one general scientific eForum for CBD where all this will be debated, also with parallel popular forum where layman like me will ask questions or volunteer for control group, simply we should see constant scientific debate on the matter instead just waiting on the governments to say whola now is the time for change, simply that will never happen mids plutocracy!
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
but defacto just by google search You'll find extra amount of positive studies in comparison to scarcity of negative one on behalf of CBD benefits, stil I say thats not enough for me but we need to find why there are discrepancies in some and as answer to that proposed assumption that most probably is due to synthetic cbd!

See, that's what bugs me, how can there be such a divide in scientific findings? Normally when you study something, the results are replicable, which is why all articles include a methods section in case someone in the future wanted to replicate the study. We assume that all published journal articles have been peer-reviewed, and hence have this credibility. If one study is showing that variable x is harmful, while another study is showing that it's beneficial, well then there's a problem. I understand that interpretations of results may vary, however. For example, researcher A may interpret results differently that research B, but the results shouldn't contradict one another unless the variables have changed.

Here's an article posted in Nature: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-81049-2.pdf?origin=ppub

Cannabis compounds exhibit anti‑infammatory activity in vitro in COVID‑19‑related infammation in lung epithelial cells and pro‑infammatory activity in macrophages

So CBD is an immune system modulator -- Great!

CD36 is an important scavenger receptor for phagocytosis of Streptococcus pneumoniae, a primary bacterial agent associated with pneumonia, which is down regulated by influenza.

Advantages and disadvantages of increasing macrophage phagocytosis activity should be carefully considered

Hence, we're not sure if this is even a good thing. Be mindful that these results were done in vitro, and extrapolation of any conclusions based on these results to in vivo situations requires that several points be kept in mind.

I'd appreciate if you stopped referencing other forums. I'm not going to scavenge other website threads for ideas and opinions when I can formulate my own. If you want me to review an article of interest, you're better off posting it here.
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thanks for Your time Bio_Man ...

I'd appreciate if you stopped referencing other forums. I'm not going to scavenge other website threads for ideas and opinions when I can formulate my own. If you want me to review an article of interest, you're better off posting it here.

SiFo thread was posted so I can point to already selected few studies by me that points how CBD activates 2-AG and through it the lymph nodes to produce T-Cells, NaSci thread is just point that I am debating elsewhere on the matter tho where are thrown other notions like bioresonance or else, and the rest of the footnotes above were just attempt to point that indeed is strange how and why CBD is left on the margins altho has huge immunization potential ...

now whats the problem with me, I am simply layman, but eloquently furious why biologists are not debating nowhere in public on the matter, altho I've engaged sudently in this swirl while on SiFo I was bashed when said that CBD is natural alternative immunization mids this pandemics, and here I am now trying to hear opinions from others ...

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Science isn't debatable; science is method and result. Your result is either correct or incorrect. Bioethicists are the one's that debate applications surrounding biological findings, weighing on the pros and cons of whether something should be used by society for the greater good. As a layman, are you well-versed on the immune system? Have you studied how immune system works, the cells involved in adaptive immunity? If so, enlighten us on how CBD promotes immunity towards COVID, and limit your explanation so that another layman could understand it. As Einstein put it: "If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, Odiseizam
I've already quoted studies in the SiFo thread where also pointed through links how lymph nodes work and how through CBD is activated 2-AG and through it T-Cells, think I dont need here again to relink all that!?

anyway my point for scientific CBD eforum is that there scientists should concentrate their studies debate and find out why there are discrepancies among few of them, it would be something like open debate by those directly involved in the experiments so people would see clearly where is the glitch and finally raise and put pressure on the governments not just why CBD is not free prescribed but why it cant be used as homegrown phytotherapy ...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1056 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4