s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, oemBiology
Our society told us that we should eat 3 meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner).  I would like to know on how well this plan is for body and any related articles about this issues.

Do body ready need to refill energy from foods on every 4-5 hours?

Can I only eat 1 meal per daily instead?

Referring to following video (Chinese only), there is 48 hours separation between meals, there is only 7 meals per week

Mon, Wed, Fri (1 meal daily)
Sat, Sun (2 meals daily)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Read 422 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
It's not the number of meals, oemBiology, but the amount of calories you consume and the nutrients per each meal. There's a large amount of evidence that shows the importance of intermittent fasting, so while 3 meals is recommended, there's a lot more to this golden standard that society recommends. Eventually, people can limit their caloric intake to one meal per day, but this isn't recommended for someone who works out, does labor intensive work, or has a busy lifestyle.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I would like to know on how this golden standard works within body, as described within video, for taking 1 meals daily, initially he gets the issue of stomach acid at night, but after a period of time, body adjusts the biological clocks, body starts burning fat into energy instead, which would reduce a lot of fat within liver, blood vessels (maybe) ... As a result, common issue, such as diabetes is getting better.

Sometimes, I don't get a feeling of hungry, but I still need to eat dinner, would the concept of golden standard still valid?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
The person in the video has limited his caloric intake to one meal a day, and his body has adjusted to it. The amount of calories he takes in is enough for his daily living routine. Like I said in my previous post, intermittent fasting is healthy for you, so if you're not hungry and you're eating, that's a habit that you could break with a bit of discipline. Furthermore, when caloric intake is less than what your body needs, it'll start converting fats into energy.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I must eat breakfast, should I eat lunch and dinner based on my feeling on hungry?

If not hungry, don't eat lunch and dinner, correct?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Absolutely. BUT, if you feel hypoglycemic due to fasting, then you should eat. I do not recommend cutting out two entire meals right away, but instead eat smaller portions until you can handle the feeling.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1080 People Browsing
 130 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?