l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
2 years ago
Referring to following link, for fasting, I would like to know on how body activates on converting fat into energy under what body conditions.

There are many different schedule for fasting, without understanding on how body works, it is difficult to select which plan is the best as shown below:

1) The 16/8 method involves fasting every day for 14–16 hours and restricting your daily eating window to 8–10 hours.

2) The 5:2 diet involves eating normally 5 days of the week while restricting your calorie intake to 500–600 for 2 days of the week.

3) Eat Stop Eat involves a 24-hour fast once or twice per week.

4) In alternate-day fasting, you fast every other day.

5) The Warrior Diet involves eating small amounts of raw fruits and vegetables during the day and eating one huge meal at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-ways-to-do-intermittent-fasting#TOC_TITLE_HDR_3
Read 272 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
2 years ago
It's very simple, oemBiology

Whenever your caloric intake is less than that of your daily needs, your body will have no other option than to burn fat - this is from experience alone. For example, last year I worked endlessly building my home. My work days often exceeded more than 6 hrs. of labor for 8 months. I lost around 15 pounds and had very little body fat. This happened because I was so concentrated on work, but I didn't alter my eating habits either.

If you limit your caloric intake to half of what you take in now, you will lose weight. I suggest counting all the calories you take in for a week and make an excel spreadsheet. Then the following week tweak what you eat so that the calories are limited by half. See what happens!
oemBiology Author
wrote...
2 years ago
For standard male, would daily calories intake be around 2300? correct?

Is there any standard calories level to trigger fasting? as long as below 2300, would it trigger fasting?

There is a good app for calories counter - myfitnesspal, which recommended 1500, it seems not acceptable for beginner.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
oemBiology Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Is there any reference for (must) daily nutrition to follow? so I can carefully select quality foods with minimize calories.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
2 years ago
Sorry for the late response.

For standard male, would daily calories intake be around 2300? correct?

I'm not sure if there's a standard for one's gender. The ideal intake of calories varies depending on age, metabolism, and levels of physical activity, among other things.

As mentioned, if how much work you do daily exceeds you caloric intake, your body will resort to use fat for energy.

There is a good app for calories counter - myfitnesspal, which recommended 1500, it seems not acceptable for beginner.

Were you required to put your age, weight, etc. before the recommendation was given?

Is there any reference for (must) daily nutrition to follow? so I can carefully select quality foods with minimize calories.

Stay away from deep fried foods (including snacks), foods with trans-fat, hydrogenated fat, etc. High fiber, eggs, veggies and fruit, fish (once a week), and limit the red meat but don't eliminate it completely.

Feel free to write your diet here, and I'll help to critique it.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1106 People Browsing
Related Images