r
d
l
a
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
2 years ago
I am finding a number of people I have met seem to think the number of Covid-19 deaths is inflated, and including car accidents and other things. How can one be sure Covid-19 causes of death are accurate? What if someone has COPD which is respiratory and Covid-19 which is respiratory and both can be fatal. How is the cause of death tallied?
Read 239 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
2 years ago
I believe the CDC admitted that the number of deaths caused by COVID-19 were over-inflated. Many doctors and whistler-blowers in the medical field admitted to inaccurately reporting deaths due to COVID-19 for funding purposes.

How can one be sure Covid-19 causes of death are accurate?

I think after the whole thing started, stats were misrepresented for several reasons. For one, major disease fighting agencies like the CDC started combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. So if you had the virus last year, and produced antibodies against it, you'd now belong in the group of people who have the virus. The agency confirmed this last year in that they were mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons. [1]

In addition, another news agency reported the proportion of people who have died from the disease varies strikingly from country to country. Researchers warn that there are so many uncertainties that it remains almost impossible to draw firm conclusions about the death rate.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
2 years ago
I believe the CDC admitted that the number of deaths caused by COVID-19 were over-inflated. Many doctors and whistler-blowers in the medical field admitted to inaccurately reporting deaths due to COVID-19 for funding purposes.
How can one be sure Covid-19 causes of death are accurate?
I think after the whole thing started, stats were misrepresented for several reasons. For one, major disease fighting agencies like the CDC started combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. So if you had the virus last year, and produced antibodies against it, you'd now belong in the group of people who have the virus. The agency confirmed this last year in that they were mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons. [1] In addition, another news agency reported the proportion of people who have died from the disease varies strikingly from country to country. Researchers warn that there are so many uncertainties that it remains almost impossible to draw firm conclusions about the death rate.

Any links to these reports?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  788 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?