r
tsing_lee tsing_lee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, tsing_lee
Dear all,
I need a help to interpret this graph.

In the article said that,
Domesticated fish have significantly diverged from the fish from the wild. (Graph C)
There was no differentiation within domesticated fish except Elephant Ear phenotypes. (Graph D)

I do not know why they interpret like that. I never study about PCA before.
I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Read 339 times
6 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Hi tsing_lee

Sorry about the spam post earlier, we've deleted it.

I noticed that this figure was obtained from https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/38/8/3383/6237498

Is that were you got it from? Did you read the description on the figure?

Genetic diversity and population structure in fighting fish. (A and B) Differences of genetic diversity between domesticated and wild fish measured in nucleotide diversity and number of rare alleles, respectively. P values for t-test are shown above. (C and D) Population structure among domesticated and wild fish, and within domesticated fish, respectively, revealed by principal component analysis. EE, elephant ear; DT, double tail; HM, halfmoon tail; HT, horse tail; PK, Plakat tail; VT, veil tail. (E) The most likely number of genetic clusters (K) is inferred as 3, where shows the lowest cross-validation errors. (F) Population structure at individual level revealed by admixture analysis, at K = 2 and 3, in domesticated fish. Major traits including body color (– indicates too complicated color pattern to phenotype, whereas T and W indicate transparent and white coat color, respectively) and fin shape (codes are corresponding to those in D), for each individual, are also shown below.

Get back to me soon...
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
On Hiatus
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, Amanda387
i need help too
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
i need help too

Please do not spam the forum. I had to delete your comments earlier. If you need credits, please consider purchasing credits from our store. It supports the website and the people volunteering.
tsing_lee Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Yes, you are right. I got the picture from there. I have read the description but It was difficult to understand
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
2 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 310 words.
Source  I've written a detailed explanation of PCA in this topic: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=1994322