P
t
S
c
jazzygirl jazzygirl
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A month ago
Alexandra has struggled with mathematics through much of her secondary education. She often expresses comments such as, "I'm not good at math" or "It's impossible to get an A in this class!" Thus far, external rewards such as her parents paying her for high scores on her math exams have not improved her performance. List and provide examples of the three ways in which verbal rewards can be used to help improve Alexandra's intrinsic motivation so that her performance in math may improve.
Textbook 

Psychology

Edition: 1st
Authors:
Read 10 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
loki1345loki1345
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A month ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More questions for this book are available here
Answers may vary, but should contain the following for full credit:
1. Praise her efforts: "Alexandra, I've seen you work hard on your homework. You definitely have the commitment to learning."
2. Praise her competence rather than comparing her to others: "Alexandra, you are great with consistently doing your math homework. I see how you arrange your schedule to add extra time to dedicate to math."
3. Praise her ability to set and reach realistic goals: "Alexandra, we are not all great at all things. It's okay if you work hard and make a B rather than an A. The point is that you try your best."

This verified answer contains over 100 words.