t
S
m
s
matrix matrix
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Recent molecular evidence indicates that whales' closest living relatives are hippos. However, it remains unclear whether the whale lineage diverged from the lineage leading to the hippos before (left image below) or after (right image below) the other members of the order Artiodactyla (i.e., pigs, camels, etc.) diverged from hippos

Figure is attached.

What can be correctly inferred from the above figures?

A) ‘Other artiodactyls’ are more closely related to hippos in the ‘Before’ than they are in ‘After’ tree.
B) In the ‘Before’ tree, pigs are more closely related to hippos than they are to whales.
C) In the ‘After’ tree, pigs are more closely related to whales than they are to hippos.
D) In the ‘After’ tree, the order Artiodactyls (which includes hippos, pigs and other artiodactyls, but not whales) is monophyletic.
E) In the ‘After’ tree, artiodactyls (i.e. hippos, pigs and ‘other artiodactyls’) are all more closely related to each other than any are to the whales.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 192 times
1 Reply