t
i
r
r
Ari88 Ari88
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
2 years ago
I'm doing a series of at-home microbiology labs that are due next Monday. I'm on the last lab (#5) which uses three TSA plates and the PEA plates as medium. I had my PEA agar in a pot, immersed partially in water, on the stove in order to heat it to a liquid state to poor my plates. My husband didn't realize I had the lid partially loosened and tipped the bottle over. It had just liquified and when he tipped the bottle, boiling water got inside. Can I still save my labs? I don't have time to reorder the supplies. I'm hoping that I can let the agar cool again and it will separate from the water so I can remove the water and reheat the PEA. Either that, or poor the place and once they cool poor excess water off (I don't know how the two substances will separate). The plates will be used to grow E. coli, Rhodospirillum rubrum, and a yogurt/milk mixture that has incubated for a few days. There are a few other variables but I doubt they are important in this case.. I just need to know if the PEA is salvageable. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Read 267 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
WooWoo
wrote...
2 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free