d
l
a
BillyH BillyH
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Hello everyone,
im making this post after hours of searching for an answer. Im still in my bachelor studies so please be patient with me Slight Smile.
Im doing growth experiments with cyanobacteria (synechococcus sp.) immobilized in alginate beads and im having trouble finding the log phase.
Red = Alginate
Black = regular Liquidculture

From    day 1 to 2 is the highest growth rate 2,79
      day 2 to 3 = 1,33
      day 4 to 5 = 0,56

my questions are:
1. can i say that the log phase is between day 1 and 2 bc of the highsest growth rate? it feels kinda wrong to take this part bc of no lag phase.

2.is it possible to have two log phases? i read about diauxy but not sure if it applies to this and cyanobacteria.

i hope i gave enough information to solve this, if not pls feel free to ask  Grinning Face with Smiling Eyes
(cant link the graph bc of first post  Crying Face )

Post Merge: 2 years ago

Read 219 times
1 Reply