r
d
l
a
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
2 years ago
If a middle aged person had their lymphocyte total measured and they were healthy, how much range are they likely to have? I don't mean a reference range used for everyone. If for example their total was tested as X, if they got retest the next day, or the next week, how much change can they expect is possible?
Read 374 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
Baseline value for adults is between 1,000 and 4,800 lymphocytes per microliter of blood. This remains generally consistent unless the person is fighting an infection, which is when it increases higher than normal.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Baseline value for adults is between 1,000 and 4,800 lymphocytes per microliter of blood. This remains generally consistent unless the person is fighting an infection, which is when it increases higher than normal.

So if it is at the minimum or a slight bit below a person is likely healthy? My level was a little below the minimum but my PA says it was fine. I wasn't sure if being right in the middle of the range was best.
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
So if it is at the minimum or a slight bit below a person is likely healthy? My level was a little below the minimum but my PA says it was fine. I wasn't sure if being right in the middle of the range was best.

Absolutely it's fine. A concern would be if it was above the threshold when you're not fighting an infection. That's a sign of something bad.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1086 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?