r
d
l
a
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
2 years ago
I am 40 and I don't think I've gotten a fever since before age 33. Is my immune system getting weak? That seems like an important mechanism to kill intruders.
Read 289 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
2 years ago
HI Waving Hand Sign Not getting fevers suggests you're not being exposed to allergens or pathogens. It doesn't mean your immune system is weak. The inflammatory response activates when your body is under attack. It also activates in an autoimmune response. For example, arthritis or type-1 diabetes.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
2 years ago
I most certainly have osteoarthritis and had Covid-19 on new years eve. Fully vaccinated, but still had no fever. Just headaches and nausea for 3 days. I don't know how I could of avoided all viruses for a decade plus. My coworkers are gross. Lol.
wrote...
2 years ago
My husband never gets fevers either, he has never been hotter than 102 when sick. I'm guessing that its more normal than usual. My 3 yr-old becomes hot as an oven with a simple cold. Since you are not getting them now could be due to the fact that your body has developed good immunity against the common viruses and bacteria and now you do not come in contact with as many pathogens compared to the past. As your lifestyle changes, so does your body.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  863 People Browsing
 121 Signed Up Today
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741