t
i
r
r
s.h_math s.h_math
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, s.h_math

Hi there, I need help solving the following questions. in the first picture 3 and 5 and the second picture number 5. It really would be great if I could get some help, I really appreciate it you guys are amazing!

3. A square loop of wire with an area of 2.5x10-3 m2 is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field (B= 2.2x10-2 T). If the square collapses (collapsed area=0) in a time of 0.100 s as shown in the diagram what is the average induced emf as it is collapsed and what is the direction of the induced current? (Remember to use conventional current)

5. A magnet is quickly removed from a circular coil (25 turns, area = 5.0 x 10-3 m2) changing the magnetic field within the coil at a rate of 0.40 T/s. What is the average emf induced in the coil?

5. A conducting rod in the diagram below is 30.0 cm long and is moved perpendicular to 0.950 T magnetic f . If the resistance in the circuit is 3.25 ohms what force is required to move the rod at a constant 1.5 m/s?
Post Merge: 2 years ago

I'm sorry but I meant the squared boxes are the questions that I have to do.
Read 153 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
3. A square loop of wire with an area of 2.5x10-3 m2 is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field (B= 2.2x10-2 T). If the square collapses (collapsed area=0) in a time of 0.100 s as shown in the diagram what is the average induced emf as it is collapsed and what is the direction of the induced current? (Remember to use conventional current)

\(\epsilon =\frac{\Delta \phi }{\Delta t}=\frac{\left[\left(2.5\times 10^{-3}\right)\left(2.2\times 10^{-2}\right)\right]}{0.100}=5.5\times 10^{-4}\) V [clockwise]

5. A magnet is quickly removed from a circular coil (25 turns, area = 5.0 x 10-3 m2) changing the magnetic field within the coil at a rate of 0.40 T/s. What is the average emf induced in the coil?

\(emf=-N\frac{\Delta \phi }{\Delta t}\)

\(N = 25\)

\(emf=\epsilon =25\frac{\left(5.0\times 10^{-3}\right)\cdot \left(0.40\right)}{1}=0.05=5.0\times 10^{-2}\) V

5. A conducting rod in the diagram below is 30.0 cm long and is moved perpendicular to 0.950 T magnetic f . If the resistance in the circuit is 3.25 ohms what force is required to move the rod at a constant 1.5 m/s?

B = 0.950 T
R = 3.25 ohms
V = 1.5 m/s
L = 30.0 cm to 0.300 m

ε = vBL
ε = (1.5)(0.950)(0.300)
ε = 0.4275

I = current = ε/R = 0.4275/3.25 = 0.13153 A As the rod is moving to the right, the flux in the region
defined by the rod, the rails and the load is increasing. By Lenz’s law, the current must be counter-clockwise if its magnetic field is to counter this increase in flux.

The net force on the rod ∑F = Fapp − Fm = 0, where Fapp is the applied force and Fm is the magnetic force.

∴ The force on a section of wire of length L carrying a current I through a magnetic field B is

Fapp = Fm = I (L*B) (from earlier).

F = 0.13153 A * 0.300 m * 0.950 T = 0.0375 N
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
s.h_math Author
wrote...
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, s.h_math
I'm sorry sir but I mistaken 5 for 7, I'm really sorry about this. Frowning Face I appreciate it a lot.

referring to the first picture, sorry sir.

also sir the direction for number 3 is not there
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
also sir the direction for number 3 is not there

I stated clockwise. That is what is meant by direction.

This one you need, right?

A square coil (100 turns area of each square loop = 4.0x10-3m2) is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field. When the coil is rotated through 90° in 0.12 s, the average induced emf is 0.92 V. What is the magnetic field strength?
- Bachelor of Science
s.h_math Author
wrote...
2 years ago
no sir number 7 in the first picture
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
😄 do you mind copy-pasting it? I think my mind is slow today
- Bachelor of Science
s.h_math Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Not a problem, I really appreciate your help sir, I hope you have a good rest of your day!
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
@S.h_math

Is this topic solved? Which questions still need to be answered?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1128 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?