l
a
s
msidhu msidhu
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago

Question 1.

What is the structure of the monomer(s) that would produce the condensation polymer shown?

An illustration depicts a condensation polymer.The polymer has three six membered benzene rings. The C 5 of the first benzene ring is bonded to an oxygen atom, O, which is further bonded to a carbon atom. This carbon atom is double bonded to an oxygen atom. A wavy line is present on this single bond. The C 3 of the first benzene ring is bonded to an oxygen atom which is further bonded to a carbon atom. This carbon atom is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to another oxygen atom. This oxygen atom is bonded to C 5 of the second benzene ring. The C 3 of the second benzene ring is bonded to an oxygen atom which is further bonded to a carbon atom. This carbon atom is double bonded to an oxygen atom and single bonded to another oxygen atom. This oxygen atom is bonded to C 5 of the third benzene ring. The C 3 of the third benzene ring is bonded to an oxygen atom which is single bonded to a carbon atom. This carbon atom is double bonded to an oxygen atom.

An illustration depicts four compounds.The first compound labeled as Roman numeral one has a SMILES string of c1cc(cc(c1)Cl)Cl. The second compound labeled as Roman numeral two has a SMILES string of c1cc(cc(c1)O)O. The third compound labeled as Roman numeral three has a SMILES string of CC(=O)C. The fourth compound labeled as Roman numeral four has a SMILES string of C(=O)(Cl)Cl.

▸ I and II

▸ I and III

▸ II and III

▸ II and IV

▸ I and IV

Question 2.

What is the structure of the monomer(s) that would produce the condensation polymer shown?

An illustration depicts a condensation polymer.The polymer has an 18 carbon chain, in which C 1, C 7, and C 13 each is double bonded to an oxygen atom. C 2, C 6, C 8, C 12, and C 14 each is replaced by an oxygen atom. C 4, C 10, and C 16 each is bonded to a methyl group. The terminal carbon atoms are also bonded to a wavy bond.

An illustration depicts four compounds.The first compound labeled as Roman numeral one has a SMILES string of CC(=O)C. The second compound labeled as Roman numeral two has a SMILES string of C(=O)(Cl)Cl. The third compound labeled as Roman numeral three has a SMILES string of CC(C=O)C=O. The fourth compound labeled as Roman numeral four has a SMILES string of CC(CO)CO.

▸ I and II

▸ I and III

▸ II and III

▸ II and IV

▸ I and IV
Textbook 
Organic Chemistry

Organic Chemistry

Edition: 4th
Author:
Read 121 times
1 Reply