d
l
a
s
Pranshu Bansal Pranshu Bansal
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Now we have discussed both types of theories of motivation, do you prefer the needs theories to the process theories or the process theories to the needs theories? According to your own experience, which one captures real life more accurately? Finally, among these theories, which one do you see yourself using to advance your goals in real life in the future?
Read 125 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
2 years ago
Need theories are concerned with what motivates workers (e.g. needs and their associated goals).

Process theories are concerned with how various factors motivate people.

Process theories of motivation are based on early cognitive theories, which posit that behavior is the result of conscious decision-making processes. The major process theories of motivation are expectancy theory, equity theory, goal-setting theory, and reinforcement theory.

I prefer the need theories because I like the idea that individuals are unique and have different sources of motivation. I learned this to be true very early in my life, when I would be easily motivated to do something if my parents offered me chocolate, yet my brother needed a different reward to do the same task, like the promise of playing video games. I believe this is a necessary thing that all managers need to understand and be aware of. The basis of this theory is that absence of motivating factors can result in negative performance. Some important features of the need theories are:

• Specific needs should be identified, which gives rise to desired behavior.
  • Rewards satisfy individual needs. Identifying them creates an impact through motivational programs of the managers.
  • Needs vary depending on peoples experiences, and it is important to design motivation program in the manner that it satisfies their needs.
  • Performance is based on the rewards offered. This, it is necessary to offer proper rewards.

Was that helpful? Reply back if you need a better response Slight Smile
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  762 People Browsing
 128 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?