l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
A year ago
Recently within 2 weeks, image appear blurred.
I check with optic shop, they said that shortsight is not stable and keep changing between 400 to 500
Do I get Myopia?

I would like to know on what cause the problem and how to treat it?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

https://www.aoa.org/healthy-eyes/eye-and-vision-conditions/myopia?sso=y
Read 1236 times
47 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
Myopia = Nearsightedness

This is when a person sees near objects clearly while distant objects appear blurred.

Nearsightedness can be corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses that extend the point at which light rays focus. Another option for some nearsighted people is laser surgery.

keep changing between 400 to 500

I don't understand this measure, can you explain what these numbers represent?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
I am nearsighted with -4 diopters, that keep changing between -4 to -5 diopters,and not stable during test.
-4 diopters (original from glass)

Do you have any suggestions on what is going on within eyes under this situations?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
That is no cause for alarm, why is it a concern to you?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
That is no cause for alarm, why is it a concern to you?

Does my eyesight get worse? what is going wrong within eye structures for blurred image ?
Do you have any suggestions?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
If you test -4, then -5 a few weeks later, then take the average of the two. If you aren't noticing a change in your eyesight, you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that your eyesight is deteriorating. I'm betting that a third reading will be either -4 or -5.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
I suspect that is a false nearsighted , and would like to know on what is the possible cause for this situation within eye's structure.

Post Merge: A year ago

After checking with doctor, he suspects macular degeneration initially, and require further checking on retina later on schedule.

I would like to know on what cause macular degeneration, would staying long in front of computer be the main cause?

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
The cause is still unknown, though people with light-colored eyes or a family history of macular degeneration are more vulnerable. Through research on the mutated gene that causes Stargardt disease, scientists have discovered what they believe to be a genetic trigger for the disease. Researchers have found that 16 percent of macular degeneration patients have alterations in this same gene. Through this growing body of research, many scientists now consider heredity to be a significant risk factor in macular degeneration. Some evidence suggests that smokers - particularly women - and people who spend a great deal of time outdoors without eyewear that offers protection from the sun’s ultraviolet rays may have a higher rate of macular degeneration. Hypertension also appears to increase a person’s risk of developing macular degeneration.

Vision Loss Due to Macular Degeneration
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
I would like to know on whether there are more Macular Degeneration cases recently or not as comparing 30 years ago, since we spend more time in front of computer or mobile recently.

Is there any related articles about this issue?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
I can't find  study that suggests macular degeneration having risen over the century. Are you making a blind assumption or is your hypothesis backed by an idea that you heard or read?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
There was not much people using computer and LED equipment before 1990 (30 years ago).
I suspect that blue light is the main source to damage retina, which relate to Macular Degeneration.

What do you think?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
Hi oemBiology

According to this article, "blue light from electronic devices is not going to increase the risk of macular degeneration or harm any other part of the eye." If blue light is a concern, however, it can be blocked from your mobile devices and computer monitor.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
After consulting doctor, he said my eye gets little Pigment Epithelial Detachment, and not require any treatment at this moment,

I would like to know on what cause Pigment Epithelial Detachment,

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
The cause could be a result of sneezing really hard, high blood pressure, too much screen time. All these, along with age and physical stress leads to detachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  929 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images