l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
The ciliary body is a circular structure that is an extension of the iris, the colored part of the eye. The ciliary body produces the fluid in the eye called aqueous humor. It also contains the ciliary muscle, which changes the shape of the lens when your eyes focus on a near object.

In bright light, the circular muscles contract whilst the radial muscles relax.
This causes the pupil to constrict and less light enters the eye. In dim conditions the opposite occurs. The circular muscles relax and the radial muscles contract, causing the pupil to dilate and allowing more light to pass into the eye.

Under bright light, the circular muscles contract.
Do you find any articles related to how contracting circular muscles affects the production and outflow of Aqueous humor?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

http://www.thelondonproject.org/?q=eye/knowledge-center/story-eye
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002319.htm
Post Merge: A year ago

On the other words, wouldcontracting circular muscles effect ciliary muscle under bright light? so ciliary body produces more fluid in the eye as a result.
Post Merge: A year ago

Ciliary muscle changes the shape of the lens when your eyes focus on a near object.

During focusing on a near object, Ciliary muscles is contract or relax,
How does the status of Ciliary muscles affects on the production and outflow of Aqueous humor?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
Do you find any articles related to how contracting circular muscles affects the production and outflow of Aqueous humor?

How does the status of Ciliary muscles affects on the production and outflow of Aqueous humor?

Are they related? I don't think the opening and closing of the iris by these muscles is related to aqueous humor production.

On the other words, wouldcontracting circular muscles effect ciliary muscle under bright light?

Bright light causes the iris to close. In bright light, the circular muscles contract whilst the radial muscles relax. This causes the pupil to constrict and less light enters the eye. In dim conditions the opposite occurs. The circular muscles relax and the radial muscles contract, causing the pupil to dilate and allowing more light to pass into the eye.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
Aqueous humor is produced by the ciliary body and flows around the iris and out of the eye, passing through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels.

I find out a quick approach to reduce Intraocular pressure instantly and temporary

1) Before the hardness of eyeball become harder as hard as the softness of the nose
2) massage your face closing to eye area
3) swallow saliva
4) After the hardness of eyeball become softer as hard as the softness of the lips

I would like to know on what happen in Schlemm’s canal with this exercise

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago
I find out a quick approach to reduce Intraocular pressure instantly and temporary

You mean this method is working for you?

I'm not sure how that relates to the canal of Schlemm

oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
You mean this method is working for you? I'm not sure how that relates to the canal of Schlemm

Like what I said, "Yes", but the hardness of eyeball become softer ONLY temporary, since Aqueous humor keeps producing by the ciliary body, as I keep looking at PC monitor.

You can try, there is nothing hurt by this exercise Slight Smile

I just wonder on what keep ciliary body producing aqueous humor at this situation.

Do you find any related ariticle about this issue?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
I just wonder on what keep ciliary body producing aqueous humor at this situation.

Maybe that's not the correct explanation regarding what you're experiencing. That's why I'm reluctant to response. You're applying pressure to your eyes with your fingers, and in turn you're feeling a sense of temporary comfort -- it could have nothing to do with aqueous humor production
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
Referring to following statement, outflow system seems related to blinking eye movement, since watching monitor would reduce the frequency of blinking eye movement, would it reduce the outflow of aqueous humor? and cause increasing Intraocular pressure.

Would it be correct mechanism?

"Aqueous flow through the outflow system has long been regarded as a passive phenomenon as noted above, but a recent model proposes that the outflow system acts as a biomechanical pump.15 The outflow system is constantly subjected to oscillatory pressure transients caused by the ocular pulse, blinking and eye movement.84 In this model, elastic and contractile tissues of the trabecular meshwork and valves within Schlemm's canal stretch in response to transient pressure increases. The energy stored during distention is released when the pressure transients decay, causing the tissues to recoil to their prior configuration. The pressure transients thus enable energy-dependent pulsatile fluid movement through the outflow system."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/aqueous-humor-flow
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
"Can Bright Light Damage Your Vision?
In short, yes, staring at bright lights can damage your eyes.
When the retina’s light-sensing cells become over-stimulated from looking at a bright light,
they release massive amounts of signaling chemicals, injuring the back of the eye as a result."

Would those massive amounts of signaling chemicals cause increasing Intraocular pressure?

https://www.gersteineye.com/blog/2018/08/how-does-bright-light-affect-your-vision/
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
A year ago Edited: A year ago, bio_man
"Aqueous flow through the outflow system has long been regarded as a passive phenomenon as noted above, but a recent model proposes that the outflow system acts as a biomechanical pump.15 The outflow system is constantly subjected to oscillatory pressure transients caused by the ocular pulse, blinking and eye movement.84 In this model, elastic and contractile tissues of the trabecular meshwork and valves within Schlemm's canal stretch in response to transient pressure increases. The energy stored during distention is released when the pressure transients decay, causing the tissues to recoil to their prior configuration. The pressure transients thus enable energy-dependent pulsatile fluid movement through the outflow system."

That's an interesting find!

would it reduce the outflow of aqueous humor? and cause increasing Intraocular pressure.

No and yes, respectively. Again, we cannot blame this on the outflow of aqueous humor since we don't have evidence to suggest it does.

In short, yes, staring at bright lights can damage your eyes.
When the retina’s light-sensing cells become over-stimulated from looking at a bright light,
they release massive amounts of signaling chemicals, injuring the back of the eye as a result."

Would those massive amounts of signaling chemicals cause increasing Intraocular pressure?

Possibly, if the retinal tissue becomes inflamed, your eye would experience increased from that region. But we're talking about extremely bright light, not the kind your monitor produces
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
Possibly, if the retinal tissue becomes inflamed, your eye would experience increased from that region. But we're talking about extremely bright light, not the kind your monitor produces

If retinal tissue becomes inflamed, would eye become much more sensitive to bright light, correct?

I get yellow-orange color glass to block blue light, but it cannot block bright light.
My Intraocular pressure increase as I sit in front of computer.
would Sun glass help to reduce bright light under this situation? in order to reduce Intraocular pressure.

Furthermore, is there any drug helping to reduce inflammation on retina?

Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
If retinal tissue becomes inflamed, would eye become much more sensitive to bright light, correct?

I was thinking the opposite, it's been less sensitive to bright light.

Sun glass help to reduce bright light under this situation?

Yes, sunglasses do block light.

Furthermore, is there any drug helping to reduce inflammation on retina?

You could try ibuprofen (Advil) or salicylic acid (Aspirin)
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
I was thinking the opposite, it's been less sensitive to bright light.

If retinal tissue becomes inflamed, how does it affects the production and outflow of Aqueous humor under bright light?

Would the production and outflow of Aqueous humor increase or decrease?

Do you find any related articles about this issue?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
The retina and aqueous humor, from my knowledge, do not communicate with one another. If there is a drainage problem, the eyeball will put pressure on the retina, causing damage.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
I keep monitoring the Intraocular pressure, once it gets higher, I stop staying in front of computer.
My eye is easily getting little painful, as eye muscle is contracting too much during focusing.
Intraocular pressure seems not high at this situation, and I would like to know on what kind of eye muscle is working and cause little painful.
Once I close my eye and focus to relax eye muscle, then painful feeling would be gone within 20 - 30 minutes.

Does anyone get any idea on what is going on within eyeball?

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  811 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion