m
p
e
s
j
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
A month ago Edited: A month ago, oemBiology
Referring to following link, I would like to know on how reducing melatonin effects on maintaining circadian rhythms.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

"Proper levels of melatonin secretion are important for human health, and the hormone is involved in a wide range of processes not discussed here. Perhaps because the pineal gland is highly specialized, focusing only on melatonin secretion, its importance is sometimes overlooked. The significance of melatonin in maintaining circadian rhythms, however, and the pineal gland's role in producing it, suggest that the pineal gland is an essential structure for the health of the central nervous system."

https://neuroscientificallychallenged.com/posts/know-your-brain-pineal-gland
Post Merge: A month ago

IPRG cells is photo sensitive cell affecting circadian clock
IPRG Cell would be depolarized with light, which inhibition of endocrine functions of pineal gland,
therefore, there is no secretion melationin production.

I would like to know on whether blue light would be better for IPRG cell depolarize or not as comparing with red light.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Read 61 times
2 Replies