a
t
i
r
r
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, Eiffel
So old people have fragmented DNA. I wonder how they can test for that?

I don t know exactely. I imagine opening and destroying the cytoplasm.

Why would an old person have fragmented gametic DNA? How often does it occur in comparison to a younger person?
For cumulative effect of ROS caused by age.
But it depends. A young person like a smoker could have an higher ros than an aged one, for example.

And most importantly, how does it relate to sperm being attacked by antibodies? Now I'm the one asking questions Face with Stuck-out Tongue

It's not related.It was just an analogy that demonstrate cause and effect difference.
Cells could be destroyed detecting dna fragmentation, but dna fragmentation could be there per se, not just in the process of detecting it.

Otherwise the statement of admitting x cause dna fragmentstion should be unspeakable.

Then really I have no idea of the process to detect it I admit.
You are an educator in the forum I see..then educate me please Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Beyond what I've said here is speculation, to be honest. My thoughts are if sperm antibodies do exist, the antibodies lead to an immune response that renders it incapable of fertilizing an egg. I am not concerned what actually happens after that, but common sense dictates that it doesn't have to do with fragmenting the DNA, but collectively rendering the cell dead, leading to fragmented DNA.
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, Eiffel
Beyond what I've said here is speculation, to be honest. My thoughts are if sperm antibodies do exist, the antibodies lead to an immune response that renders it incapable of fertilizing an egg. I am not concerned what actually happens after that, but common sense dictates that it doesn't have to do with fragmenting the DNA, but collectively rendering the cell dead, leading to fragmented DNA.

That ASA totally destroy sperm cells seem to be an assumption of your.
Anyway even if it happen, sperm cells attacked from ASA just die it doesn't imply that all sperm cells are attacked.
ASA drive just to partial infertility, that means not all sperm cells are attacked or those attacked are not destroyed.

If there are some sperm cells not attacked anyway every immune response cause phlogosis and then it causes ROS and this causes dna fragmentation of sperm cells remained alive.

Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
Do you agree that phlogosis is the key?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Not sure how that relates to this discussion. Mind elaborating on this notion of phlogosis? Before this thread, I had never heard of this word.
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
Not sure how that relates to this discussion. Mind elaborating on this notion of phlogosis? Before this thread, I had never heard of this word.

hi
phlogosis means inflammation, this causes ros.
wrote...
Educator
A year ago Edited: A year ago, bio_man
You mean ROS causes inflammation, right? Inflammation is part of the immune response. It depends both on the physical actions of white blood cells and the chemicals that they produce: antibodies, cytokines, and the like (which includes ROS). It is not the inflammation causing infertility, but the antibodies themselves.
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
You mean ROS causes inflammation, right? Inflammation is part of the immune response. It depends both on the physical actions of white blood cells and the chemicals that they produce: antibodies, cytokines, and the like (which includes ROS). It is not the inflammation causing infertility, but the antibodies themselves.

ROS cause infiammation

but infiammation cause ROS too

immune response cause infiammation and infiammation cause ROS

ROS cause dna fragmentation to sperm which is different from infertility. It could cause a newborn with malformations.
wrote...
Educator
A year ago

That Upwards Arrow I didn't know.
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
That Upwards Arrow I didn't know.

I think so.

When there's inflammation caused from immune response or not, there are always cells that go in necrosis and there are debris that should be cleaned from macrophages.

Macrophages release H2O2 and then singlet oxigen which cause ROS and damages of cells and then dna fragmentation.

Do you agree?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
From what I've studies, from my experience, this isn't true
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
From what I've studies, from my experience, this isn't true

Explain me better.Because I have doubts about this. What you find not true in my statement?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago Edited: A year ago, bio_man
From what I know, ROS act as both a signaling molecule and a mediator of inflammation. But, I can see how it can be linked to a positive feedback mechanism, where ROS leads to inflammation, and inflammation leads back to more ROS. Inflammation causes immune cells to secrete various biomolecules, such as cytokines and chemokines in order to recruit various other immune cells to the site of infection, leading to more ROS. Nevertheless, you'd probably only see something like this in chronic cases.
Eiffel Author
wrote...
A year ago
From what I know, ROS act as both a signaling molecule and a mediator of inflammation. But, I can see how it can be linked to a positive feedback mechanism, where ROS leads to inflammation, and inflammation leads back to more ROS. Inflammation causes immune cells to secrete various biomolecules, such as cytokines and chemokines in order to recruit various other immune cells to the site of infection, leading to more ROS. Nevertheless, you'd probably only see something like this in chronic cases.

Thanks.

But inflammation is not caused only by a prior ROS. If someone punch your eye it drives to inflammation.No?

I put these statments.Just tell me if they are true or not.

Immune response always causes ROS.

ROS always causes dna fragmentation.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1098 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249