t
S
m
s
Jake Midgley Jake Midgley
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
A year ago
I am currently confused as to which stats test to use. I am checking for the number of species orders found between managed and unmanaged dune slacks. I have already done a Simpson's index for diversity, but I assumed that for this assignment I would also need to do a significance test. I did an ANOVA and Tukey test, and no significant difference found in either. I am wondering if I am supposed to see no significant difference, and just leave it at that or whether or not doing it wrong and that I am supposed to do a different type of test. I hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks for reading Slight Smile

The data (in case my screenshots haven't attached) is as follows (I had to post the unmanaged underneath as it wouldn't paste properly):

Order   Managed dune slack
Araneae     39
Coleoptera      23
Collembola*    15
Diptera              50
Gastropoda      17
Hemiptera       68
Hymenoptera  75
Lepidoptera        52
Neuroptera      4
Orthoptera        1

Unmanaged dune slack

Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 123 times
1 Reply