a
t
i
r
r
Dark Ness Dark Ness
wrote...
13 years ago
these are the last couple of problems I have left that I just can't find in the book

1) how do living organisms create macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissues, and complex higher-order structures?

a) the laws of thermodynamics do not apply to living organisms (i think this one is wrong)

b) living organisms create order by using energy from the sun

c) living organisms create order locally, but the energy trasnformations generate waste heat that increse the entropy of the universe

2.when NaCl crystals dissolve in water, the temp. of the solution decreases. This means that, for the dissociation of Na+ and Cl- ions,

a)the change in the enthalpy is negative

b)the change in enthalpy is positive, but the change in entropy is greater

c) the reaction is endergonic, because it absorbs heat

d) the reaction must be couples to an exergonic reaction

e) the reaction cannot occur spontaneously

I honestly think the answer is B because we are not letting out heat
Read 3574 times
4 Replies