a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
A year ago
Too much running cause Piriformis Syndrome, stretching seems not solving this issue
Is there any exercise to strenght related musicle to reduce stress on Piriformis muscle?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Read 346 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Piriformis syndrome is caused by compression of the sciatic nerve as it passes through the buttock.

Have you had a lower back injury in the past? It could be sciatic nerve due to a herniated disk in L4, L5, S1, S2, S3 region. Do you feel it on one or both legs?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
Please see attached image,

I feel muscles tight in highlight area, where constantly require stretching to release muscle, I don't feel pain on nerve at this moment.

It seems that stretching is not a right solution, which should strength surrounding muscle to reduce stress on highlight area instead.

so I would like to know on what kind of exercise can strength related muscle under this situation.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Post Merge: A year ago

wrote...
Educator
A year ago
That confirms that you have sciatica. That conclusion comes from the fact that is happens on one buttocks, and not the other. There are a number of stretches that you can perform, but it will not cure your condition if the underlying causes isn't corrected, for example, common causes of sciatica can include a ruptured disk, narrowing of the spine canal (called spinal stenosis), or injury.

Have you tried any of these stretches?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  915 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274