d
l
a
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
A year ago
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/004011.htm

This definitely sounds like my issue. I have never smoked and jog a couple times a week. Between ages 30 and 40 my breathing has required noticeably more energy. And lately there is always a tickle that makes me cough a few times every hour. Is there a certain age when things tend to get particularly hard to cope with?
Read 207 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
The sensitivity at the back of your throat when breathing could be a symptom of GERD. GERD comes and goes, and depends heavily on your diet. GERD also causes you to cough literally all the time.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
Assuming it is gerd acting up and a diet issue. What should I avoid and what should I emphasize?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
A few changes work very well. First, don't eat three hours before bedtime. So if you sleep at midnight, 9 should be your cut-off (it's to do than it seems). Furthermore, stay away from acidic foods (tomato sauce) and drinks (such as coffee and tea).
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
And assuming it is aging rib cage and muscles? The movement of breathing is far less fluid and even less intuitive. It used to be enjoyable.
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Could just be temporary. The most common rib problem people experience are those associated with intercostal ribs. They're loosely connected, so are subject to movement and injury. They take time to heal if they are inflamed, and could cause the symptoms you're discussed
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1105 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?