t
i
r
r
sussuca sussuca
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
On taking this station on a former occasion, I declared the principles on which I believed it my duty to administer the affairs of our commonwealth. My

conscience tells me that I have, on every occasion, acted up to that declaration, according to its obvious import, and to the understanding of every candid
mind.
In the transaction of your foreign affairs, we have endeavored to cultivate the friendship of all nations, and especially of those with which we have the most
important relations. We have done them justice on all occasions, favored where favor was lawful, and cherished mutual interests and intercourse on fair and
equal terms. We are firmly convinced, and we act on that conviction, that with nations, as with individuals, our interests soundly calculated, will ever be founc
inseparable from our moral duties.
Select the correct answer.
Read this sentence from the passage.
We are firmly convinced, and we act on that conviction, that with nations, as with individuals, our interests soundly calculated, will ever be found
inseparable from our moral duties.
What tone does this sentence convey?
A.confident
B. condescending
C. neutral
D. serious
Read 124 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
yuvvcgdxxcbyuvvcgdxxcb
wrote...