t
i
r
r
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
A year ago
Are there parts of the body that grow scar tissue by default? Not like because of an injury, but because that is simply the tissue type it uses?
Read 205 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Are there parts of the body that grow scar tissue by default?

Not that I am aware of. Scar tissue forms when an abnormally large amount of collagen fibers are formed in an area due to injury. As you'd imagine, this results in poor blood supply being restored after an injury, so I'm not sure what the advantage of forming scar tissue would be other than to heal an injured site. Did you have an organ in mind?
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
Are there parts of the body that grow scar tissue by default? Not that I am aware of. Scar tissue forms when an abnormally large amount of collagen fibers are formed in an area due to injury. As you'd imagine, this results in poor blood supply being restored after an injury, so I'm not sure what the advantage of forming scar tissue would be other than to heal an injured site. Did you have an organ in mind?

I think the jaw bone uses fibrocartilage as its cushion for motion which I think is kind of like scar tissue?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
You mean the jaw bone is cushioned by the same stuff intervertebral discs are made from? Not sure exactly what you mean.

According to Wikipedia, the jawbone is held in place by the temporomandibular joint, which is what allows it to move up and down. The joint is supported by several muscles and ligaments, including the masseter muscle, which helps close the jaw, the temporalis muscle, which helps elevate the jaw, and the lateral pterygoid muscle, which helps to protract the jaw. These muscles attach to the mandible at various points and work together to control the movement of the jaw.

The ligaments include the temporomandibular ligament, the sphenomandibular ligament, and the stylomandibular ligament. There's no mention of scar-like tissue...
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
Well I guess that is a relief than. Been finding studies on enzymes that may eat scar tissue well after injury to allow proper healing. Would hate to disassemble anything I need. Lol.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  927 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352