t
S
m
s
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
A year ago
How many types of human tissue are there? I know 4 general types, but I assume there must be 1000s at the more specific levels?
Read 239 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
So we've got epithelial tissues, connective tissues, muscle tissues, and nerve tissues. These are the main categories, and each category can be broken down further.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
What are the most specific tissue types? How many are there?
wrote...
A year ago
There are four main types of tissue in the body: epithelial, connective, muscle, and nervous. These tissue types can be further divided into more specific subtypes, such as squamous epithelial tissue, adipose connective tissue, and skeletal muscle tissue. The exact number of specific tissue types depends on how they are classified and defined. However, there are many different types of tissue in the body, each with its own unique properties and functions.
Camping is the best way to enjoy nature and find our inner peace. You just need a tent or a cabin, you will be ready to go! campingwithzain.com is for everyone who loves camping. We all know about it but not everyone knows how to do it and what to take along.
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
There are too many to list. Take for example connective tissues. They can further be broken down into loose/areolar tissue, dense, fibrous connective tissue, cartilage, bone, adipose, and blood. These can be further broken down, take for example bone tissue. You have:

• Compact tissue. The harder, outer tissue of bones.
  • Cancellous tissue. The sponge-like tissue inside bones.
  • Subchondral tissue. The smooth tissue at the ends of bones, which is covered by cartilage.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
I read somewhere that in humans there are about 200 cell types. I assume there must be fewer tissue types?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
different cell types in humans

That number has been cited in many websites, but I'm trying to find the main source to where that sum originates from Undecided I wonder who was first to quantify that value
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
A year ago
It should be safe to say under 300 cell types? I want an idea of how many cells types there are and how Yamanaka factors might change the epigenome of each type differently.
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
200 is a safer bet since most websites are citing that number.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  953 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion