× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
  
  
Top Posters
Since Sunday
10
s
5
j
4
s
4
W
3
a
3
H
3
s
3
a
3
o
3
K
3
m
3
New Topic  
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
Posts: 1232
A month ago
Referring to following statement, I would like to know on how to select sunglass after Cataract Surgery,

100% UV protection is common for most of Sunglass, what transmittance should be selected?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance


"First, you’ll want to make sure that the lenses of your pair of sunglasses that provide 100% UV protection for your eyes. This will help ensure that your vision stays clear and crisp. Second, you’ll want to choose a pair of sunglasses that fit well and are comfortable to wear around your eyes. Third, you’ll want to select a pair of sunglasses that complement your personal style!"

https://sanantonio-lasik.com/cataracts/best_sunglasses_after_cataract_surgery/
Read 114 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
Anonymous
wrote...
A month ago
For people who have just had cataract surgery, it's best to wear glasses with lenses that are specifically designed for post-operative use, called "pseudophakic" or "intraocular lens (IOL)" glasses, and they help to correct any residual refractive errors that may still be present after surgery. In addition, as you mentioned, they often have features like anti-reflective coating and UV protection to enhance visual clarity and protect the eyes.

Source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319685
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A month ago
UV protection is blocking harmful wavelength of light into retina.
Transmittance of the surface of a material is its effectiveness in transmitting radiant energy.
What level of Transmittance is recommended?
Sunglasses only block 10-20% radiant energy from light in general

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Anonymous
wrote...
A month ago
Generally, the level of transmittance of sunglasses varies, and is typically measured as a percentage of visible light transmission (VLT). The VLT percentage indicates the amount of visible light that passes through the lenses and reaches the eyes. The VLT range for most sunglasses is 8-18%, with lower percentages indicating darker lenses that transmit less light. The lower the percentage, the better the glasses are at protecting the retina from harmful ultraviolet (UV) and high-energy visible (HEV) light. For those wearing pseudophakic lens, the VLT percentage of the glasses is selected based on the patient's visual needs and the light conditions they will be in. For example, a patient who spends a lot of time outdoors in bright conditions may require lenses with a lower VLT, while a patient who spends most of their time indoors may require lenses with a higher VLT.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A month ago
The VLT range for most sunglasses is 8-18%, with lower percentages indicating darker lenses that transmit less light.

For VLT range 8-18%, would Sunglasses only allow 8-18% light pass through and block 82-92% of light source, would it be correct?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Anonymous
wrote...
A month ago
In the case of 8%, it means that 8% of the light that reaches the material is transmitted through it, while the remaining 92% is absorbed or reflected by the material.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A month ago
so 8% is darker than 18%.
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
Anonymous
wrote...
A month ago
Yes
New Topic      
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  311 People Browsing
 474 Signed Up Today
Related Images
  
 5133
  
 336
Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 67