Top Posters
Since Sunday
7
6
o
5
b
4
s
3
j
3
b
3
m
3
K
3
g
3
L
3
w
3
New Topic  
shayanbk shayanbk
wrote...
Posts: 130
Rep: 0 0
A month ago
Use the following to answer the questions below:

A computer science student is writing a simplified version of the classic murder-mystery game Clue for his class project. In his implementation, there are three equally likely suspects: Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, and Professor Plum. If Miss Scarlet is the murderer, there is a 40% chance she uses the knife, 35% chance she uses the lead pipe, and a 25% chance she uses the rope. If Colonel Mustard is the murderer, there is a 20% chance he uses the knife, a 30% chance he uses the lead pipe, and a 50% chance he uses the rope. If Professor Plum is the murderer, there is a 30% chance he uses the knife, a 40% chance he uses the lead pipe, and a 30% chance he uses the rope.

Round all answers to three decimal places.


Suppose while playing the game you discover that the rope is the murder weapon. Given this information, what is the probability that the murderer is Miss Scarlet?
Textbook 
Statistics: Unlocking the Power of Data

Statistics: Unlocking the Power of Data


Edition: 3rd
Authors:
Read 28 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
elacevedoelacevedo
wrote...
Posts: 138
Rep: 1 0
A month ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
1

Related Topics

shayanbk Author
wrote...

A month ago
Thanks for your help!!
wrote...

Yesterday
Brilliant
wrote...

2 hours ago
I appreciate what you did here, answered it right Smiling Face with Open Mouth
New Topic      
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1031 People Browsing
Related Images
  
 336
  
 423
  
 449
Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 405

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?