S
m
s
US92challenge US92challenge
wrote...
Donated
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
1. Take the position of a runner in the starting blocks for a short running race. Place one foot forward and one foot back while placing your hands on the starting line.

a. In what position is the hip joint for the forward leg (flexed, extended)?

b. In what position is the hip joint of the back leg (flexed, extended)?

c. Now imagine the starter has fired the starting gun. Into what position did the hip joint of the forward leg move, and what muscles caused that movement?

d. Into what position did the hip joint of the back leg move, and what muscles caused that movement?

2. Perform the classic jumping jack exercise (from the feet together starting point)several times, observing the movements of the hip joint during the counts of 1 and 2.

a. Describe the position of both hip joints on the count of 1.

b. Which muscles were used to put the hips in that position in "a"?

c. Describe the position of both hip joints on the count of 2.

d. Which muscles were used to put the hips in that position in "b"?

3. Lying supine on a table with your lower legs off the end of the table, extend both knee joints to full extension.

a. What muscles performed this action?

b. Which of these muscles listed in "a" crosses two joints and has two functions?

c. Which gender is known to have a larger "q" angle? Male or female?

4. Lying prone with your entire body on the table, bring your heels to your buttocks.

a. What muscles performed this action of the knee joints?

Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 14660 times
5 Replies