t
i
r
r
amberfost4 amberfost4
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Hey everyone I'm trying to finish my review sheet but there are a few questions that I don't understand

5) In Activity 4, you looked at the effect of stimulating the muscle multiple times in a short period with complete relaxation between the stimuli. Describe the force of contraction with each subsequent stimulus.
6) Describe the chemical changes that are thought to correlate to this change in vivo.
8) Compare and contrast wave summation with recruitment (multiple motor unit summation). How are they similar? How was each achieved in the stimulation?
Read 2640 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
6) Describe the chemical changes that are thought to correlate to this change in vivo.

Increasing availability of Ca++ in the sarcoplasm (more Ca++ expose more active binding sites on the thin filaments for cross-bridge attachment).

8) Compare and contrast wave summation with recruitment (multiple motor unit summation). How are they similar? How was each achieved in the stimulation?

Both cause an increase in force generated. Summation is achieved by increasing frequency of stimulation. Recruitment is achieved by ? force of stimulation.

5) In Activity 4, you looked at the effect of stimulating the muscle multiple times in a short period with complete relaxation between the stimuli. Describe the force of contraction with each subsequent stimulus.

The force generated increases slightly with each subsequent stimulus.

HOPE THAT HELPS Slight Smile
amberfost4 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
thank you so much!!  Grinning Face Grinning Face
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
ur welcome, plrease mak as solved Face with Rolling Eyes
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1100 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images