t
S
m
s
jrodri8 jrodri8
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
12 years ago
I am having trouble with understanding some of the questions. i completed the majority of the lab but was having trouble with activity 1.

Activity 1: investigating the refractory period of cardia muscle

Explain why the larger waves seen on the oscilloscope represent ventricular contractions?

Explain why the amplitude of the wave did not change when you increased the frequency of the stimulation. (relate your response to the refractory period of the cardiac action potential.)

Why is only possible to induce an extra systole during relaxation?

Explain why wave summation and tetanus are not possible in cardiac muscle tissue.

activity 2: Examine the effects of Vagus nerve stimulation

What will happen to the heart rate if the vagus nerve was cut? i believe the answer is it would increase but im not really sure.

Activity 3: Examining the effects of temperature on heart rate

Describe why Ringer's solution is required to maintain heart contractions. I think it because it is required to keep an isolated, intact heart viable.

activity 5: examine the effects of various ions on heart rate

describe how medicines called calcium blockers are used to treat patients why?
Read 5069 times
4 Replies