l
t
S
m
s
Xooki3 Xooki3
wrote...
13 years ago
Does any one know any GOOD universities that allow you to study bio without a second science.

I have looked but i cant find many good biological sciences courses that allow study without a second science
Read 2342 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Hey Xooki3, welcome back.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a second science.

In order to be a biologist, you need to be a scientist. A biologist essentially is a scientist who is more familiar with the study of life, but is still knowledgeable in math, chemistry, physics, etc.

Any university that offers biology must teach you basic calculus, physics, and chemistry skills. You cannot perform labs without knowing math. In order for you to analyze data collected in a lab, for instance, you need to know how to do statistics, which is a sub-specialty in math. In fact, all universities that I know of in Canada will introduce statistics in your second year of study. Statistics involves calculus and data management which you use to signify if a particular discovery you made is significant. Moreover, can you imagine how difficult it would be to study the different metabolic pathways without have to know basic molecular chemistry? If you want to become a scientist, you have to think like a scientist and reason like one so you can be at least sufficiently intelligent to make sense of ideas you've come up with.
wrote...
13 years ago
Hello,

Do you mean like 100% biology and nothing else? If you want to do something like that, you are more likely to get into an environmental program or toxicology.

This is more of a college program as opposed to a university program (3 years versus 4+ years).

Look into University of Ontario Institute of Technology. I go there we have a lot of people coming from Africa to learn.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1097 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204