t
S
m
s
metal_zelda metal_zelda
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
9 years ago
Are there any careers that combine math/physics, biology, and chemistry and pay well? I have a vested interest in all three of those areas, but am having trouble deciding on a career-path as only the medical biology areas, which are relatively mathless, seem to pay well.
Read 12531 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Is bioengineering too medically oriented for you? I guess at MIT they call it Biomedical engineering, but you could check out some of their courses here: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/biological-engineering/
rsb
wrote...
9 years ago
Physiotherapist? No career requires pure math unless you're a mathematician or a statician. Statician get paid really well.
metal_zelda Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, metal_zelda
Is bioengineering too medically oriented for you? I guess at MIT they call it Biomedical engineering, but you could check out some of their courses here: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/biological-engineering/
Physiotherapist? No career requires pure math unless you're a mathematician or a statician. Statician get paid really well.

Hmm, I did a google search and neither of those careers seem to pay terribly well. A chemistry major would give me an excuse to take calc 3, but I'd like to go beyond that by a bit.
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
Why is money your main drive? Trust me, I'm not trying to be your life coach, but if money is your drive, you're in the wrong field. Want to make money, become a medical doctor or open a business. You'll never live comfortably working under someone no matter what you do. Speaking of money though, you can make up to 100,000 as a teacher after 10 years of experience.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Upwards Arrow Right, but money is important. My friend cleared 300K as a medical doctor this past year, he's 30.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  796 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images