t
i
r
r
kirstens kirstens
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
When the tRNA anticodons match for the mRNA triplet codons, then the amino acid sequence synthesized is ________, ________and ______
Is this sequence the same as the order of amino acids in hemoglobin illustrated in the beginning of this exercise?  1 mark

Are they asking for the start and stop codons ? I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.
Read 5464 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I feel like this question is missing key information. I don't think it's answerable without extra information.
kirstens Author
wrote...
9 years ago
This is the question before the one i asked. I'm not sure if they are connected or not ?

Question 17 options:

Messenger RNA (mRNA) is a single-stranded molecule that passes through nuclear pores into the cytoplasm to ribosomes situated on the endoplasmic reticulum. The triplet codons are read from mRNA as it passes through the ribosome. The function of tRNA is like that of a wheelbarrow as it brings the correct amino acid to the work site at the ribosome for protein synthesis.

Complete the following blanks with the correct terms.

A tRNA (UGA) carries as its load, only the amino acid called___________. It plugs into the ribosome because its ________, (UGA), matches the mRNA codon _______(letters)

A different tRNA (GGG) carries only the amino acid______and its,_____ (GGG), which allows it to match the mRNA codon ______

Another tRNA (CUU) carries the amino acid_______ and its anticodon (CUU) ______, which allows it to match the mRNA codon ____

Note: Each of these three lines have a similar type of answer for each location. Use this information to help you fill in the answer. For example, The last blank for each line is going to be a three letter code.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
UGA GGG CUU Rightwards Arrow ACU CCC GAA

Now use the chart below to translate ACU CCC GAA into their appropriate amino acids.

wrote...
9 years ago
So would the answer be UGA GGG CUU???
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1184 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion