l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Do you feel the strain around this area?

I do running exercise, but strain would not relate to any muscle in that area. I usually sleep on right side, would it cause any strain in those area on left side? On the other hands, would it be caused by inflammation?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Inflammation is never a cause, it is a response to something. If you don't see any redness or heat coming from that area, then it's not inflamed. Would it be possible to mark down where the pain is on a picture?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, oem7110
Inflammation is never a cause, it is a response to something. If you don't see any redness or heat coming from that area, then it's not inflamed. Would it be possible to mark down where the pain is on a picture?

I don't have any photoshop software on computer, if you can mark different area with number, I can pin point those number.

Based on the picture, those feeling occurs around the top (highest) black area on the left chest.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Here are two images labelled:

oemBiology Author
wrote...
Behind left nipple and on the same levels, [front view - Image 1] the area is around T7 and T8 on the left side of chest,
[side view - Image 2] those feeling occurs around the top (highest) black area on the left chest.

Image 1

Image 2

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Interesting... Then it's not the intercostal ribs. I'm guessing then it might be a cyst of some sort, a ball of tissue perhaps that has grown due to infection. That doesn't mean it's active by any means, but it's a possibility.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
Interesting... Then it's not the intercostal ribs. I'm guessing then it might be a cyst of some sort, a ball of tissue perhaps that has grown due to infection. That doesn't mean it's active by any means, but it's a possibility.

If it is cyst, can cyst be seen by doctor within X-ray negative file?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
No, you will not see the lump through the X-ray.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
No, you will not see the lump through the X-ray.

I would like to know on how to check and verify cyst / lump.

Would cyst be a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symptoms:

increasing breathlessness when exercising or moving around [No symptoms]
    a persistent cough with phlegm that never seems to go away [No symptoms]
    frequent chest infections, particularly in winter [No idea]
    wheezing [No symptoms]
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
Would cyst be a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

If it's situated in the lungs, but you'd likely feel it when you're breathing. I'm assuming it's a cyst on the rib cage.

oemBiology Author
wrote...
8 years ago
If it's situated in the lungs, but you'd likely feel it when you're breathing. I'm assuming it's a cyst on the rib cage.

I think that the feeling of pressure, squeezing, or fullness within the chest cavity is related more to apply physical pressure by sleeping on left side instead of the motion of regular breathing, because it occurs more under this situation.  Would it still look like a cyst? if yes, would the cyst exist within left lung instead rib cage? because there is nothing unusual on the surface of rib.  

There are possible reasons on causing Cysts,
Do you have any suggestions on how to exclude any unrelated cause and find any related possible reasons for cysts?

* Tumors
* Genetic conditions
* Infections
* A fault in an organ of a developing embryo
* A defect in the cells
* Chronic inflammatory conditions
* Blockages of ducts in the body which cause a fluid build-up
* A parasite
* Impact injury that breaks a vessel
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
The cyst would not be on the lung, but likely on the rib cage. However, see if you can feel a lump physically using your hands. If you do, it's advised you have a doctor check it - it rarely means cancer, so don't worry.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
The cyst would not be on the lung, but likely on the rib cage. However, see if you can feel a lump physically using your hands. If you do, it's advised you have a doctor check it - it rarely means cancer, so don't worry.

Would cyst be the most common cause for this symptom in that area?

I feel those symptom is related to lung's issue, from chinese medicine's view point, over 10 years, I often wake up at 4 am in the middle of night, it is better than using alarm clock and this period is for lung's restoring process, which mean that this restoring process cannot finish properly over a long period of time.

so I would like to look for more possible cause related to lung's view point.

Is there any other symptom from lung's viewpoint?

Post Merge: 8 years ago

Additional information :
It requires deep sleep to perform the restoring process within lung between 3 am to 5 am.

I go to see chinese doctor in afternoon, and share their view points later.

After consulting doctor, since there is nothing found under X-Ray, from their viewpoints, they assume those feeling are caused by emotional stress, which reduce the blood flow and cause pain.  They suggest to relax and monitor those symptoms.

In this experiment, controlling stress emotion is difficult, which contract blood vessels. I would like to know on any approach help to expand blood vessels instead of controlling stress emotion. 

wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago Edited: 8 years ago, bio_man
I just can't see how sleeping on one side would effect the lungs, which are protected by the rib cage.

The stress exercises are designed to keep your mind off the issue. I think what your dr. sees are possible symptoms being made up in your head, so by meditating, you forget them. Outside these realms, doctors can't recommend anything else if they can't physically test it or see it.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1041 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293