r
d
l
a
Nyko.21 Nyko.21
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
In winter, the snowshoe hare diet primarily consists of buds from bog birches. Which of the following options correctly identifies the availability of bog birches and the consequence of an increased snowshoe hare population?

Availability of Bog Birches
Density-independent or Density-dependent limiting factor

Increased Snowshoe Hare Population
intraspecific /interspecific competition will increase / decrease

my answers are :Density independent, intraspecific and increase
Read 208 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
AnonymousAnonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

Nyko.21 Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, Nyko.21
There is no better way you could have explained it. Thank you so much Slight Smile)

Post Merge: A year ago

Which of the following rows correctly describes the biotic and abiotic factors that change during each type of succession?

a.Type of Succession        Abiotic Factors                                         Biotic Factors
  Secondary                   Soil is still present.                         Plant diversity will increase.

b.Type of Succession         Abiotic Factors                                         Biotic Factors
  Primary             Plant diversity will decrease.      Lava from volcano will harden to produce new land.

c.Type of Succession        Abiotic Factors                                         Biotic Factors
  Secondary                          Plant diversity will increase.                   Soil is still present.

d.Type of Succession                     Abiotic Factors                                                          Biotic Factors
  Primary            Lava from volcano will harden to produce new land.        Plant diversity will decrease.

My answer:

Eliminate B immediately because plants are not abiotic, and soil and lava are not biotic but are the opposite; as well as C for the same reason. I'm not sure which of A and D is correct because plant population decreases because of the disturbance in primary succession, and in secondary succession plant diversity increases because of the "re-newed" environment...
Post Merge: A year ago

Succession can be viewed as the effect of ____i____ competition on a community in which ____ii____ species tend to gradually be outcompeted by ____iii____ species. 

The row below that best completes the statement above is row

a.intraspecific; K-selected; r-selected

b.interspecific; r-selected; K-selected

c.interspecific; K-selected; r-selected

d.intraspecific; r-selected; K-selected

My answer: option B. because humans and other factors (fires, retreating glaciers, volcanic eruption, etc) are often the cause of succession which means interspecific competition. Since humans are K-selected species they out compete the plants (both r and K selected)

something about my answer doesn't feel right though...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1054 People Browsing
 126 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249