t
i
r
r
ChelsM ChelsM
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
So, I am having a difficult time with a question. The question and the figure is attached. This is what I think about it so far, but I am really confused and need help.

A) When the preincubation was carried out with the individual templates, Srb2 did show a preference for either template. When the preincubation was carried out with the L template, a band was only seen for the L transcript. On the contrary, when preincubation was carried out with the S template, a band was only seen for the S transcript. However, Srb2 did not show a preference for either template when the preincubation was carried out with the mixture because a band developed for both the L and S transcripts.

B) Stoichiometry deals with the quantitative relationships between the reactants and products in chemical reactions.Catalysis is the change in rate of a chemical reaction due to the participation of a substance called a catalyst. I am confused because the results do not mention any values and I do not see how the reaction was speed up??? However, I think maybe it might be catalytically because it says "extracts prepared from yeast that are lacking the Srb2 gene cannot transcribe added DNA templates, but they can be activated for transcription by the addition of Srb2 protein."

C) Based on figure B, I believe it may be form part of the preinitiation complex, but I'm not sure and don't know how to explain this.

As you can see, I am really uncertain about this material and do not feel confident with my answers. Also, the answer is supposed to be rather lengthy (1-2 pages) and my answers are very bare bones.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 2940 times
8 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 200 words.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science