t
S
m
s
cinnamon toast cinnamon toast
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I am needing with a case study on human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis. Help??? Confounded Face
Read 11612 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
HIV and TB case study
1. c
2. b
3.b
4.a
5. a,b,d
6. b
7.b
8.d
9.a
10.b
11.a
12.b
13.a,b,d
14.a
15.a
16.a
17.d
18.c
19.a
20.b
21.a,b,c
22.c
23.c
24. 42
25.a
26.c
wrote...
8 years ago
#5 c
#13 a
#21 a
#24 a
#25 c
wrote...
8 years ago
1.   "Your partner may stay, but he needs to wear a mask."
2.   Explain that the tuberculosis organism is most often spread through the air. When an infected person coughs or sneezes, they produce infectious droplets that can be breathed in by another person.
3.   The implementation of airborne precautions for possible TB requires a private, negative pressure room assignment.
4.   A mask is required for healthcare workers entering the room of someone suspected of having active TB.
5.   Tell Jeff that the specimen must be collected in the early morning.
Provide Jeff with 3 sterile specimen cups at his bedside.
Document the time and date that each specimen was collected.
6.   Obtain the first of 3 sputum specimens for laboratory testing.
7.   The registered nurse may refuse to care for a client in circumstances where risk to the nurse outweighs the nurse's responsibility to care for a client or if the assignment conflicts with the nurse's ethical standards.
8.   "I understand you want to protect your children. Please tell me your concerns regarding caring for a client with HIV."
9.   "I realize my helper T cells are diminished from HIV. Those are the cells needed to fight TB."
10.   "That is not always true. A 3 mm induration is considered positive for TB in a person with HIV."
11.   "To be most effective, HIV medications are prescribed on different schedules."
12.   "The main purpose of these medications is to block the replication of the HIV virus."
13.   Rifampin stains urine, stool, saliva, sweat, and tears reddish-orange.
Liver function tests should be routinely conducted and monitored.
Supplemental Vitamin B6 may be prescribed.
14.   Risk for new opportunistic infections related to decreased immune function.
15.   Following standard precautions will minimize the exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
16.   "I see you are putting on a gown, gloves, mask, and googles to go into the client's room. Help me understand this choice."
17.   White-yellow patches on the tongue or oral mucosa.
18.   Place the suspension in the mouth, then swish for several minutes before swallowing.
19.   Consult with Jeff to assess his food preferences.
20.   Milk shake.
21.   Weigh Jeff each morning before breakfast.
Measure the urine output.
Count and record the number of watery stools.
22.   Deficient fluid volume.
23.   Take Jeff's blood pressure to assess for postural hypotension.
24.   42.
25.   "If used correctly and consistently, latex condoms are highly effective in preventing the transmission of HIV."
26.   Access to the services of a Registered Dietitian.
wrote...
8 years ago
This is the most accurate of any of the responses listed.
wrote...
8 years ago
anyone know correct answer for #19?
wrote...
8 years ago
It's listed above.... consult the preferences of food w Jeff
wrote...
8 years ago
answer to 19 is a,e,f
wrote...
8 years ago
EVOLVE case study HIV TB
1.   "Your partner may stay, but he needs to wear a mask."
2.   Explain that the tuberculosis organism is most often spread through the air. When an infected person coughs or sneezes, they produce infectious droplets that can be breathed in by another person.
3.   The implementation of airborne precautions for possible TB requires a private, negative pressure room assignment.
4.   A mask is required for healthcare workers entering the room of someone suspected of having active TB.
5.   Tell Jeff that the specimen must be collected in the early morning.
Provide Jeff with 3 sterile specimen cups at his bedside.
Document the time and date that each specimen was collected.
6.   Obtain the first of 5 sputum specimens for laboratory testing.
7.   The registered nurse may refuse to care for a client in circumstances where risk to the nurse outweighs the nurse's responsibility to care for a client or if the assignment conflicts with the nurse's ethical standards.
8.   "I understand you want to protect your children. Please tell me your concerns regarding caring for a client with HIV."
9.   "I realize my helper T cells are diminished from HIV. Those are the cells needed to fight TB."
10.   "That is not always true. A 3 mm induration is considered positive for TB in a person with HIV."
11.   "To be most effective, HIV medications are prescribed on different schedules."
12.   "The main purpose of these medications is to block the replication of the HIV virus."
13.   Rifampin stains urine, stool, saliva, sweat, and tears reddish-orange.
Liver function tests should be routinely conducted and monitored.
Supplemental Vitamin B6 may be prescribed.
14.   Risk for new opportunistic infections related to decreased immune function.
15.   Following standard precautions will minimize the exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
16.   "I see you are putting on a gown, gloves, mask, and googles to go into the client's room. Help me understand this choice."
17.   White-yellow patches on the tongue or oral mucosa.
18.   Place the suspension in the mouth, then swish for several minutes before swallowing.
19.   Consult with Jeff to assess his food preferences.
Weigh daily
Monitor thrush
20.   Milk shake.
21.   Weigh Jeff each morning before breakfast.
Measure the urine output.
Count and record the number of watery stools.
22.   Deficient fluid volume.
23.   Take Jeff's blood pressure to assess for postural hypotension.
24.   42.
25.   "If used correctly and consistently, latex condoms are highly effective in preventing the transmission of HIV."
26.   Access to the services of a Registered Dietitian.
wrote...
7 years ago
PN Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Tuberculosis (TB)

1.c
2.b
3.b
4.a
5.c
6.b
7.b
8.b
9.a
10.b
11.b
12.d
13.a
14.a
15.a
16.d
17.c
18.a
19.b
20.b
21.de
22.c
23.c
25.a
26.c
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  920 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion