t
S
m
s
jerico jerico
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
9 years ago
Coffey Company maintains a very large direct materials inventory because of critical demands placed upon it for rush orders from large hospitals. Item A contains hard-to-get material Y. Currently, the standard cost of material Y is $4.00 per gram. During February, 22,000 grams were purchased for $4.10 per gram, while only 20,000 grams were used in production. There was no beginning inventory of material Y.

Required:
a.   Determine the direct materials price variance, assuming that all materials costs are the responsibility of the materials purchasing manager.
b.   Determine the direct materials price variance, assuming that all materials costs are the responsibility of the production manager.
c.   Discuss the issues involved in determining the price variance at the point of purchase versus the point of consumption.
Textbook 
Cost Accounting

Cost Accounting

Edition: 14th
Authors:
Read 122 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
cyborgcyborg
wrote...
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 160 words.