m
m
K
b
dynamo dynamo
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
4 years ago
You are a vice-president of operations for a Fortune 500 company and have six area managers reporting to you. Using Rokeach's value classification system, identify and explain the key values your managers are most likely to perceive as the most important to their success in the workplace.
Textbook 

Developing Management Skills

Edition: 8th
Authors:
Read 228 times
3 Replies
Business Management Student @ the University of Arizona
Textbook: Developing Management Skills, 8E
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
CaleebCaleeb
wrote...
Top Poster
4 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free.
With regards to instrumental values, managers want employees who are responsible, honest, capable, imaginative, and logical. Managers in the business world tend to rate ambition, capability, responsibility, and freedom higher than people in general. Highly successful managers typically place more emphasis on economic (a comfortable life) and political (social recognition) values than less successful managers. Managers also place more value on sense of accomplishment, self-respect, a comfortable life, and independence than the population in general. The instrumental value managers held highest for themselves was ambition; their highest-held terminal value was sense of accomplishment. Personal values rather than social values and those oriented toward achievement predominate among managers.

This verified answer contains over 100 words.