t
S
m
s
michaelh1990 michaelh1990
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
hello i graduated last year with a 2:2 in biology and since then have been unemployed. i have applied to lots of jobs both in and out of the science industry. i have no previous work experience and it seems this is the major problem i have, i just need to know if anyone knows any way either volunteering or research studies or anything which would make me more appealing to employers to get a paid job and get on the first step of a career.

Read 1485 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
You seem like an honest person who went through school to find an honest job so to make an honest living. Unfortunately, you've discovered that it's not as simple as you thought. Reality steps in and the job search is more difficult than you anticipated. While volunteering helps you set your foot into the door, you'll find that researchers tend to favour students they work with over those who simply volunteer. I'd suggest looking for a lower end job at a community college, or perhaps become a TA for a short while until you find a part-time job. You could also try your luck at the local pharmacy and become an assistant of some sort. I know you're probably way more capable than these lower-end jobs, but bear in mind that your college is pumping out biology degree to 100 others with your skills every year. It is competitive, but you have to keep trying and keep applying until you finally find something worthwhile.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  976 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156