t
S
m
s
nerdy4u nerdy4u
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Table I: Record the results of using knockout strains of the plant Arabidopsis to determine gene function.
Plant   Optimum  Growth Conditions   UV Exposure   High Salinity in Soil   Drought Conditions
Wild-type            
Mutant 1            

Questions:

1.   The knockout mutants of Arabidopsis used in this exercise each have _____.

2.    When making your experimental observations in this exercise, you are observing which structures?

3.    High salinity and drought conditions may both cause Arabidopsis plants to become _____.

4.    In your experiments, you expect to see normal growth in both the wild-type and mutant plants under which condition?

5.    In your experiments, you can determine the role of the knockout gene by seeing which condition produces wild-type and mutant plants with _____.

Read 5530 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
4.    In your experiments, you expect to see normal growth in both the wild-type and mutant plants under which condition?

High salinity in soil.

5.    In your experiments, you can determine the role of the knockout gene by seeing which condition produces wild-type and mutant plants with _____.

With the same phenotype.

3.    High salinity and drought conditions may both cause Arabidopsis plants to become _____.

Dehydrated & Malnourished due to lack of nutrients.

2.    When making your experimental observations in this exercise, you are observing which structures?

Cauline leaves

1.   The knockout mutants of Arabidopsis used in this exercise each have _____.

Have one gene missing and one protein added.
nerdy4u Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Do you know how to fill in the chart? I answered rosette leaves for #2, Optimum for #4, and #5 diff phenotypes...
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
8 years ago
To be honest, nerdy4u, I obtained these answers from a secondary source, so I am not entirely sure if they are correct. I was hoping you'd be knowledge enough to decipher if they fit with your studies.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  980 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741