i
r
r
DentalWannabe DentalWannabe
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Problem
What is the concentration of a tin(ll) chloride solution prepared from a sample of tin ore?

Experimental Design
The potassium dichromate solution is first standardized by titration with 10.00 mL of an acidified 0.03 mol/L solution of the primary standard, iron(II) ammonium sulfate-6-water.  The standardized dichromate solution is then titrated against a sample of the acidified tin(II) chloride solution (You will do this step in the next question).

Evidence

TITRATION OF IRON(lI) SOLUTION

(volume of K2Cr2O7(aq) required to react with 10.00 ml of 0.03 mol/L Fe2+(aq))

Trial                                 1                   2                       3                         4
Final Buret Reading (ml)    13.8              24.4                  35.2                     45.9
Initial Buret Reading (ml)    2.3               13.8                  24.4                     35.2

Find the concentration of the Cr2O72-(aq) in mol/L:

I know this is a lot to ask but I am honestly so confused right now with what to do and how to do it! Please help!
Read 686 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
9 years ago
Molarity of acid * moles of acid = molarity of base * moles of base

As long as you have three of the four you can find the fourth, so I believe by the design of your experiment you would have to do this twice.
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I see where your got the question from! Slight Smile

See attachment. Doesn't the textbook have any similar examples you can follow?
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
DentalWannabe Author
wrote...
9 years ago
The Chem 30  textbook has 1 example of this type of question that is worded differently than my question, ultimately causing the steps to be different, therefore I do not understand what the textbook has to offer at all.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
What page is it on? I can probably figure it out working backwards, since I haven't done this stuff in years.
DentalWannabe Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Chapter 13, 13.4 Redox Stoichiometry
Page 597
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  875 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?