t
i
r
r
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
   What is community policing? How does it differ from what some might call traditional policing?
Read 1286 times
2 Replies
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Community policing -- or more properly community-oriented policing is a way doing business, not just a program. It should impact EVERYTHING police do. For more insight and direction, take a look at my new book and visit my blog, “Arrested Development: A Veteran Police Chief Sounds Off About Protest, Racism, Corruption and the Seven Steps Necessary to Improve Our Nation’s Police.” My blog is "improvingpolice" at Wordpress.where I discuss these and other current police improvement issues. Good luck and may we all experience not just good but great policing!
wrote...
5 years ago
Community policing focuses on a collaborative effort between the police and all elements of the community to identify problems and solutions in responding to crime and disorder. There are many ways that community policing differs from traditional policing. First, community policing agencies are willing to work with the public and other community agencies to solve problems. In contrast, the relationship between citizens and other community agencies and the police may be in conflict in traditional policing. Second, community policing focuses on solving problems, and traditional policing focuses on solving crimes. Third, community policing focuses on all types of problems, even minor incidents, and traditional policing tends to consider noncrime-related calls for service as low priority items. Finally, community policing is accountable to the community, and traditional policing is accountable to the law.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  912 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?