r
d
l
a
dflagg2 dflagg2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
I've attached the pages I'm having difficulty with to this posting, I just began taking accelerated advanced physiology. I'm a little overwhelmed, the two courses I took previously did not cover this information as thoroughly as they should have.  

Aside from answers, explanations for them would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 651 times
6 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Hey dflagg2,

I'm happy to help, but keep in mind questions need to be written and two per thread.
dflagg2 Author
wrote...
8 years ago
I'll do my best to make of copy of the main one I'm having issues with, Activity #3

Left Beaker     Right Beaker    Membrane MWCO   Pressure on left(mmHg)   Diffusion rate(mM/min)
NaCI 5mM       DI H2o             20                             170                                0.0000
NaCI 10mM     DI H2o             20                             340                                0.0000
NaCI 10mM     DI H2o             50                             0                                    0.0167
Glucose 8mM  DI H2o            100                            136                                 0.0000
Glucose 8mM  Glucose 8mM  100                            0                                    0.0000
Glucose 8mM  DI H2o             200                           0                                    0.0036
Albumin 9mM  Glucose 10mM 200                           153                                 0.0000

Which membrane resulted in the greatest pressure with NaCI as the solute? Why?

Explain what happens to the osmotic pressure with increasing solute concentrations.

If the solutes are allowed to diffuse, is osmotic pressure generated?

If the solute concentrations are equal, is the osmotic pressure generated? Why or why not?

Answer accepted by topic starter
saviosavio
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 210 words.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.