i
r
r
littlechichen littlechichen
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
PLEASE DO TELL.

From what I have heard, once you're a student, you can't leave? That's just like Cuba...

I hear it standards are lower...so it's easier to get into...

Tuition is considerably lower than the states....
Read 483 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Pros  = Rum Punch and great beaches
Cons = Anyone outside of the Caribbean will laugh at you
wrote...
11 years ago
You can get accepted if u have a DUI on your record! (seriously, have a friend who did this since he was forbidden to go to an American medical school)
wrote...
11 years ago
This is true. However, if you earn your medical degree outside of the U.S. and want to practice here in the future, you will have to become certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). ECFMG certification will allow you to enter a U.S. residency or fellowship program and is required to obtain an unrestricted license to practice medicine.  

To be certified by ECFMG, you must do two things. You must apply for and pass a series of exams known as the United States Medical Licensing Exam, USMLE, which you already mentioned. The USMLE is the three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States. You must also provide ECFMG with copies of your medical education credentials, which ECFMG will verify directly with your medical school.

If you do decide to study medicine outside of the U.S., contact ECFMG before you enroll to make sure your school is accredited. For more information, visit www.ecfmg.org/index.html.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1378 People Browsing
 130 Signed Up Today
Related Images