d
J
little94 little94
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
18 years ago
Hey guys
I am leaving to Medical School in the Caribbean soon 2 more months
I plan on taking my small little Maltese with me in the airplane underneath me seat..I am trying to see if anyone has flown with dogs before and has taken them out of their crates or not??
Also I am taking all his food and medical needs things for the time we wil be there..he has medical insurrance and all. I will be at school from 7 am to 5pm , but will come home to be with him for lunch. He is used to being alone and does well with like 40 toys he has, because I work now.
Everyone tells me not to take him , but he is way too attatched with me, and i think I wil be so home sick without him. My fiance is coming to medical school also we will be in the same apartement so I have some help. What do you think??
Read 571 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
18 years ago
Take your dog for gosh sakes.
wrote...
18 years ago
Some countries require incoming animals to be in Quarantine for 60 days. I would call ahead.
wrote...
18 years ago
I have a Maltese too, and I'm getting another in the spring! He should be fine, keep an eye on him while you're flying and make sure he has a favorite toy or blanket in the crate with him. My Maltese doesn't like car drives but when I bring his favorite toy or blanket he is better. As far as your living arrangement, he should be fine, Maltese love their owners and will be so happy to spend time with you when you come home, so be sure to spend time with him when you do. He shouldn't get bored as long as he has toys, get him a few KONGS and hide them around the house for him, he will love it, mine does! Good luck in school!!
wrote...
18 years ago
I would take my dogs with me.  I would miss them too much.
wrote...
18 years ago
there's no reason not to take him. he'll be fine on the plane ride there. especially if you're there. you will need to check with the airlines for all the paperwork you'll need, and check to see the country's guidelines on bringing animals into the country. hawaii for example, requires all dogs and cats to be quarantined for 30 days. make sure you have your us health certificate, rabies papers, and any papers for the country you're moving to. they also sell pet ease pills at petsmart that are supposed to keep your dog calm for traveling. on the flight i'm pretty sure you're not allowed to take the dog out of his crate in case he pees or poops or anything. but i'm sure he'll be just fine. have fun in the Caribbean!
wrote...
18 years ago
Airline regulations require that the dog remain in the carrier during the flight. Don't take him out of the crate.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1541 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 488

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?